Acne Scars Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for acne scars which are quite simple to use and safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for acne scars which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies is the use of lemon juice. All you need to do is take a lemon and cut it into slices. Now extract some lemon juice from these slices. Take a cotton ball and soak it in this lemon juice. Apply this cotton ball on the affected area of your skin and wait for a while. Later wash with water. This natural remedy will help in lightening these scars.
2. Another effective home remedy is to take some warm salty water and then use it to wash your face. This can prove to be very effective in treating acne scars.
3. Ice is considered to be one of the simplest remedies. All you have to do is take an ice cube and rub it on the affected area of the skin. This will give soothing effect and will help in quick healing of these acne scars. Make it a habit of practicing this remedy for three to four times daily.
4. Tomato is also very helpful in treating scars. They act as antioxidants and are a rich source of vitamin A. Just take a tomato and cut it into slices. Now apply these slices on the affected region of your skin. This will prove to be very beneficial in healing the damaged skin.
5. Take some sandalwood powder and add rose water in it. Mix them well to form a paste and then apply this paste to the scarred region of your skin. Wait for almost an hour and later wash with water. This will give cooling and soothing effect to your skin.
6. Lavender oil is also very effective in treating acne scars. Take a cotton ball and soak it in lavender oil. Now rub this cotton ball on the affected region two times daily. Regular practice of this home remedy will give you good results.
7. Orange peel is also equally effective in curing scars. Take some dry orange peel and make it into a fine powder. Now mix it with water to form a paste and then apply this paste on the scarred region of your skin. Later wash with water.
8. Honey has also proved to be very effective in treating acne scars. Just apply some honey on the affected parts of your body and later wash with water. Use this home remedy on daily basis until you are satisfied with the results.
These were some of the most popular home remedies for acne which are simple, cost-effective and safe to use.